drill-user mailing list archives

From Jinfeng Ni <jinfengn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to extend system or session options
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 22:11:59 GMT
In that case, AFAIK, the current code does not allow storage plugin to
add options dynamically. You probably need add some new interface, to
allow each storage plugin to register it's own set of options, similar
to the way storage-specific optimizer rules are registered in planner.

For parquet format on filesystem, drill has already put bunch of
options into the code (check "store.parquet.xxx").

You may init discussion in @dev list, so that people with expertise
would provide their feedback.

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Jiang Wu <jiang.wu@numerxdata.com> wrote:
> I meant runtime options that are settable via:
>
> ALTER SYSTEM SET 'xyz' = true
> ALTER SESSION SET 'xyz' = false
>
> The options can then be used to control the storage behavior at runtime.
>
> -- Jiang

parse and recognize the configuration.

> For example, hive storage plugin may have:
>
>  {
>      "hive.metastore.sasl.enabled": "false"
>      "your_configuration_name" : "your_configuration_setting"
> }
>

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Jiang Wu <jiang.wu@numerxdata.com> wrote:
>> Hi All, I am working on a custom storage plugin for Drill.  How do I add some system
and session options to Drill for my storage plugin?

>> I looked the source code and it seems that options are statically compiled.  Is there
a way for the storage plugin to add to the options at the runtime upon storage plugin initialization?