drill-user mailing list archives

From John Omernik <j...@omernik.com>
Subject Guidelines for planner.memory.max_query_memory_per_node
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 20:20:51 GMT
I am reposting this question here as well. (I posted on the MapR Community
forums).

The default as I understand it, for the setting
planner.memory.max_query_memory_per_node
is 2G.  The default heap memory settings in drill-env.sh is 4G and the
default Direct memory is 8G.

I guess, is there any advice on where I should set my
planner.memory.max_query_memory_per_node
as the other numbers scale? I.e. does this setting coordinate more with
heap or direct or both? If I double my direct mem, should I double the
setting? Are there any guidelines or methods for tuning this?

I am currently running bits at 24 GB of Heap and 84GB of Direct, should I
take the planner.memory.max_query_memory_per_node and x 8?  to put 16G?
Thoughts?

Thanks!

John