drill-user mailing list archives

From John Omernik <j...@omernik.com>
Subject Drill HTTP Sessions Across Bits
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 17:58:43 GMT
I have a setup where I can reference my drillbits by the name
drillbits.zeta this DNS name resolves to any of the drillbits running.  It
returns IPs for all bits, but it's round robin ish (differing order) I
"think" this is causing issues like short timeouts in my web connections
and rest API things. For example, long queries etc.

Can/should be able to handle request to any bit with a session id known to
all bits?  For example, if I send request one to bit1 it responds, and the
next time, (given the proper cookies/session IDs) I send a request to the
same name, but due to DNS it's routed to bit2?   I suppose this would
require saving HTTP session state in something like Zookeeper... would that
even be possible?   I am exploring other options too, just trying to figure
out what the Drill folks say on the subject.

John