drill-user mailing list archives

From Abdel Hakim Deneche <adene...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: How to specify Drill JDBC connection timeout or JDBC Query timeout
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 01:42:20 GMT
For connection timeout, there are configuration options that you can set in
drill-override.conf that affect how much time the Drill client will try to
connect to the server, but even then the client could actually block
forever (I've seen it happen on an internal tool).

Drill test framework has a nice mechanism to cancel a query after a certain
time, you could use it as an inspiration for your own tool:

https://github.com/mapr/drill-test-framework/blob/master/framework/src/main/java/org/apache/drill/test/framework/CancelingExecutor.java

--

Abdelhakim Deneche

Software Engineer