drill-user mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <ja...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: How to extend system or session options
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 22:34:30 GMT
Hi Jiang,

Last fall we added a feature that makes the options in storage plugin
config settable from within a query. These options are preferable to
session level options, because they will be completely contained in the
query and don't depend on session or system state. As these are dependent
on the properties you define in your storage plugin configuration object
they can be added without  need to modify any Drill core code.

You can read more about how to use them here [1] and here [2].

[1] - https://drill.apache.org/blog/2015/12/14/drill-1.4-released/
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-4047

Jason Altekruse
Software Engineer at Dremio