drill-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Hamann <drvm...@web.de>
Subject Drillbit endpoint not found
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 14:25:12 GMT
Hi,
First: Thanks for all the help for my last question.
Now I got another problem:
I was running drill in embedded mode and my autosetup(download
everything from java to drill and set it up and run queries) works
perfectly for it. The next step is to bring this to a cluster.
For testing purposes I want to run zookeeper, drillbit and the
drill-client all on my main node for node. If that works the next step
would be to start drillbits on all nodes and find a good configuration
for the zookeeper, but Iam not so far yet. (just mentioning here if
someone has a better idea I am always welcoming new ideas).
So now to the actual problem:
So the zookeeper is running on the localhost/127.0.0.1:2181 and I can
connect to it/check if its running
(cfg consists only of tickTime=2000 dataDir=/tmp/zookeeper clientPort=2181).
Then I start the drillbit with the drillbit.sh on the same node and when
I check the status it says that its running.
When I know try to start the drill client, either via drill-localhost,
drill-conf (drill.exec: {cluster-id: "drillbits1",zk.connect:
"127.0.0.1:2181"}) or sqlline -u jdbc:drill:zk:127.0.0.1 (which if I
understood it right should have all the same effect in my
configuration), I get the error message at the bottom (currently drill
is always supposed to execute that test query).
Again, thanks in advance!
Error:
No DrillbitEndpoint can be found
apache drill 1.6.0
"drill baby drill"
0: jdbc:drill:> select count(*) from (values(1));
0: jdbc:drill:> No current connection
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No DrillbitEndpoint can be found
         at
com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:173)
         at
org.apache.drill.exec.client.DrillClient.connect(DrillClient.java:205)
         at
org.apache.drill.jdbc.impl.DrillConnectionImpl.<init>(DrillConnectionImpl.java:151)
         at
org.apache.drill.jdbc.impl.DrillJdbc41Factory.newDrillConnection(DrillJdbc41Factory.java:64)
         at
org.apache.drill.jdbc.impl.DrillFactory.newConnection(DrillFactory.java:69)
         at
net.hydromatic.avatica.UnregisteredDriver.connect(UnregisteredDriver.java:126)
         at org.apache.drill.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:72)
         at sqlline.DatabaseConnection.connect(DatabaseConnection.java:167)
         at
sqlline.DatabaseConnection.getConnection(DatabaseConnection.java:213)
         at sqlline.Commands.close(Commands.java:925)
         at sqlline.Commands.closeall(Commands.java:899)
         at sqlline.SqlLine.begin(SqlLine.java:649)
         at sqlline.SqlLine.start(SqlLine.java:375)
         at sqlline.SqlLine.main(SqlLine.java:268)