drill-user mailing list archives

From Andries Engelbrecht <aengelbre...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Need help in connecting/retrieving Mongo DB data using Apache drill from Spotfire
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 14:46:22 GMT
You will probably need to create Drill Views on the MongoDB tables for it to display successfully.
Tools like Spotfire will query Drill's INFORMATION _SCHEMA for metadata, but complex data
sources like Mongo will not provide all the metadata in a consumable manner.

The advantage of a View is that you can use it to handle complex data structures with Drill
extended SQL, and make it available in a tabular format that is more easily consumed by Spotfire.

Alternatively you can create custom SQL data structure in Spotfire to gain access to Mongo.

--Andries

> On Aug 8, 2016, at 1:07 AM, Modupalli Sandhya <sandhya_2890@yahoo.com.INVALID>
wrote:

> Dear team,
>
> We have a usecase where we need to conenct to mongoDB from spotfire and have to retrieve
all data for visualizations. Here we have taken the step to go with Apache drill which inturn
connects to mongo DB.

> We have followed the steps given in documentation and have setup the connection to apache
drill from spotfire successfully.

> https://drill.apache.org/docs/configuring-tibco-spotfire-server-with-drill/ <https://drill.apache.org/docs/configuring-tibco-spotfire-server-with-drill/>
>
> When we expand the database connection in spotfire using Drill JDBC/ODBC driver, we are
not able to see the list of columns/attributes under the collection but the same columns we
are able to see when we use the progress odbc driver for mongo db in spotfire.

> We have tried with both ODBC and JDBC driver for apache drill, its the same issue with
both drivers.

> When I expand users collection in information designer, am not finding users(collection).id/name/age,
I see only ???* under users collection.

> Please find attached screenshots which gives a clear picture that we are not able to
see id/name/age columns of user collection and kindly help us in fixing this issue at the
earliest.