drill-user mailing list archives

From Amos Bird <amosb...@gmail.com>
Subject Error when trying out the newest build.
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 06:32:20 GMT

Hi there,

I am a new user to Apache Drill. I pulled down the latest source code
and did a 'mvn clean install -DskipTests' instructed by the install
guide. After that, I went into the apache-drill-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT directory
and started a local drill by executing 'bin/sqlline -u jdbc:drill:zk=local -n admin -p admin'.

Unfortunately, it yelled dependency errors.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.base.Stopwatch.createStarted()Lcom/google/common/base/Stopwatch;
  at org.apache.drill.common.config.DrillConfig.create(DrillConfig.java:180)
  at org.apache.drill.common.config.DrillConfig.create(DrillConfig.java:155)
  at org.apache.drill.jdbc.impl.DrillConnectionImpl.<init>(DrillConnectionImpl.java:112)
  at org.apache.drill.jdbc.impl.DrillJdbc41Factory.newDrillConnection(DrillJdbc41Factory.java:64)
  at org.apache.drill.jdbc.impl.DrillFactory.newConnection(DrillFactory.java:69)
  at net.hydromatic.avatica.UnregisteredDriver.connect(UnregisteredDriver.java:126)
  at org.apache.drill.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:72)
  at sqlline.DatabaseConnection.connect(DatabaseConnection.java:167)
  at sqlline.DatabaseConnection.getConnection(DatabaseConnection.java:213)
  at sqlline.DatabaseConnection.reconnect(DatabaseConnection.java:220)
  at sqlline.Commands.reconnect(Commands.java:434)
  at sqlline.ReflectiveCommandHandler.execute(ReflectiveCommandHandler.java:36)
  at sqlline.SqlLine.dispatch(SqlLine.java:742)
  at sqlline.SqlLine.begin(SqlLine.java:621)
  at sqlline.SqlLine.start(SqlLine.java:375)
  at sqlline.SqlLine.main(SqlLine.java:268)

What have I done wrong? Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Amos.