drill-user mailing list archives

From Joe Vullo <joseph.vu...@bet-buddy.com>
Subject Odd behaviour with use dfs
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 18:50:50 GMT
Hi there

I’ve noticed some odd behaviour when using drill and am unsure of where to ask about it.

When using the web page displayed by drill on localhost:8047/query (by default) running the
following commands fail:

    use dfs.mydfs;

and then:

    show files;

Then I receive this error:

    org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: VALIDATION ERROR: SHOW FILES is
supported in workspace type schema only. Schema [] is not a workspace schema. [Error Id: 872e6708-0aaa-480e-af32-9aaf6f84de2b
on 172.28.128.1:31010]

While if I use the terminal to enter the same commands the command works correct.

I've also found that this affects 1.6 and above and that this behaviour is not seen on 1.5
below.

This command works in both the web and commmand line/terminal version:

    show files in df.workspace;

I have configured multiple types of dfs and have tried both OS X and Windows 10 and found
the issue to be the same.

I tried looking through the drill jira to see if this was registered as bug and I looked briefly
through the release notes as well.

Joseph Vullo
Java Developer

E-mail: joseph.vullo@bet-buddy <mailto:ana.estallo@bet-buddy>.com <mailto:ana.estallo@opsview.com>
Skype: joevullo4

Website: http://bet-buddy.com/ <http://bet-buddy.com/>

Telephone: +44 (0) 7961522545

This e-mail is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If you receive this message in error, or
are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at the phone number above, do not
copy this message, do not disclose its contents to anyone, and delete this e-mail message
from your computer. Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should scan this
e-mail and any attachments for viruses. Bet Buddy Limited is a company registered in the UK
under Company Number 7282034. Our office is located at 1 Bath Street, London, EC1V 9LB.