drill-user mailing list archives

From Kumiko Yada <Kumiko.Y...@ds-iq.com>
Subject RE: Azure Blob Storage Plugin configuration
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 17:57:43 GMT
Maxim,

Here is the article on how to configuration Azure Blob Storage (aka WASB) as a Drill Data
Source.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/data_otaku/2016/05/30/configuration-of-azure-blob-storage-aka-wasb-as-a-drill-data-source/

-Kumiko

-----Original Message-----
From: Maxim Tkachenko [mailto:maxim.tkachenko@mysale.com]
Sent: Friday, August 5, 2016 5:16 AM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: Azure Blob Storage Plugin configuration

Hello,

I need following setting to be set up when query data from Azure Blob Storage:
"fs.azure.io.read.tolerate.concurrent.append"=true

This option helps to query files opened by another Azure Cloud Service (Stream Analytics,
for example). Without this setting Drill cannot get access to opened files and throw the exception:
"(java.io.IOException) null
Caused By (com.microsoft.azure.storage.StorageException) The condition specified using HTTP
conditional header(s) is not met.
..."

and into the storage plugin "config" section ({"fs.azure.io.read.tolerate.concurrent.append":
"true"}), but it doesn't work and all queries hang out on "STARTING" stage.

At the same time, in drillbit.log I see this:
"[drill-executor-1] ERROR o.a.d.exec.server.BootStrapContext - org.apache.drill.exec.work.foreman.Foreman.run()
leaked an exception.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.microsoft.azure.storage.core.StorageCredentialsHelper.signBlobAndQueueRequest(Lcom/microsoft/azure/storage/StorageCredentials;Ljava/net/HttpURLConnection;JLcom/microsoft/azure/storage/OperationContext;)V"

Could you help me to find a correct way to set this setting?

Thanks

Best regards,
Maxim