drill-user mailing list archives

From Abhishek Girish <abhishek.gir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connect multiple drill clusters
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 18:03:32 GMT
Can you clarify what you are trying to accomplish?

For query processing itself, Drillbits can only talk to each other within
the same Drill cluster. However, the data sources themselves can be on two
different clusters. For example, if you have data on DFS on a different
cluster, you can have your current Drillbit cluster access the same
remotely. It does not matter if the remote cluster have Drillbits
configured or not. And even if they do, they will not be involved in query
processing here. You only need to provide the connect string for the remote
cluster DFS in your storage plugin config.