drill-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Dugar <sdu...@gainsight.com>
Subject Question related to handling of nulls in csv
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 14:16:56 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to understand the behavior while handling nulls.

I have a csv file where the last column is integer values and has nulls for
few rows. When I run an aggregation function like sum on that column I am
getting UNSUPPORTED_OPERATION ERROR.

Any pointers or links would be great. Thanks in advance!

Here is the sample:

0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> select * from dfs.tmp.`test_drill.csv`;
'what','where','5'
'this','that','10'
'here','now',''
'go','there',''
'today','tomorrow','6'
5 rows selected (0.451 seconds)

0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> select sum(c) from dfs.tmp.`test_drill.csv`;
Error: UNSUPPORTED_OPERATION ERROR: Only COUNT, MIN and MAX aggregate
functions supported for VarChar type