drill-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Sedich <stefan.sed...@gmail.com>
Subject EMR + Error closing operators
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 03:37:30 GMT
I have a gzipped json sample file ~2GB which I can create a parquet table
from perfectly fine on my laptop.

I have spun up a new EMR cluster running MapR M5 and am using the bootstrap
script: https://www.mapr.com/blog/bootstrap-apache-drill-amazon-emr

Running the same CTAS I can see if gets through reading around 1/5th of the
rows from the json and crashes with the following:

Error: SYSTEM ERROR: RuntimeException: Error closing operators

What is my best way to really diagnose what is going on? I wouldn't have
thought it would be a memory issue as these EMR nodes have far more memory
that that of my laptop.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks