drill-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Error: VALIDATION ERROR: From line 1, column 15 to line 1, column 22: Table 'students' not found
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 08:03:08 GMT
I was trying 1.7.0 against the tip of the hbase 1.1 branch and I was
getting:

0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> select * from students;
Error: SYSTEM ERROR: IllegalAccessError: tried to access method
com.google.common.base.Stopwatch.<init>()V from class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MetaTableLocator

[Error Id: 02a432c3-90cb-4892-8e31-cdfb0fc3e463 on localhost:31010]
(state=,code=0)

Seems like a clash between hbase and drill guava versions (hbase has old
0.12.1).

I then tried compiling drill with a later hbase (1.2) where the Stopwatch
is purged but I kept getting the below issue when trying to run where drill
could 'see' all the hbase tables but when I try to query, they don't exist
(See below).

Pointers appreciated,
Thanks,
St.Ack

kalashnikov:apache-drill-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT stack$ ./bin/drill-embedded
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
MaxPermSize=512M; support was removed in 8.0
Aug 02, 2016 12:57:30 AM org.glassfish.jersey.server.ApplicationHandler
initialize
INFO: Initiating Jersey application, version Jersey: 2.8 2014-04-29
01:25:26...
apache drill 1.8.0-SNAPSHOT
"a drill is a terrible thing to waste"
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> !tables
+------------+---------------------+-------------+-------------+----------+-----------+-------------+------------+----------------------------+-----------------+
| TABLE_CAT  |     TABLE_SCHEM     | TABLE_NAME  | TABLE_TYPE  | REMARKS  |
TYPE_CAT  | TYPE_SCHEM  | TYPE_NAME  | SELF_REFERENCING_COL_NAME  |
REF_GENERATION  |
+------------+---------------------+-------------+-------------+----------+-----------+-------------+------------+----------------------------+-----------------+
| DRILL      | INFORMATION_SCHEMA  | CATALOGS    | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | INFORMATION_SCHEMA  | COLUMNS     | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | INFORMATION_SCHEMA  | SCHEMATA    | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | INFORMATION_SCHEMA  | TABLES      | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | INFORMATION_SCHEMA  | VIEWS       | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | hbase               | clicks      | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | hbase               | students    | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | sys                 | boot        | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | sys                 | drillbits   | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | sys                 | memory      | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | sys                 | options     | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | sys                 | threads     | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | sys                 | version     | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

+------------+---------------------+-------------+-------------+----------+-----------+-------------+------------+----------------------------+-----------------+
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> select * from students;
Aug 02, 2016 12:57:54 AM
org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorException <init>
SEVERE: org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorException: Table
'students' not found
Aug 02, 2016 12:57:54 AM org.apache.calcite.runtime.CalciteException <init>
SEVERE: org.apache.calcite.runtime.CalciteContextException: From line 1,
column 15 to line 1, column 22: Table 'students' not found
Error: VALIDATION ERROR: From line 1, column 15 to line 1, column 22: Table
'students' not found

SQL Query null

[Error Id: a21db8a5-7e8d-4868-9e9d-252bc55d010b on localhost:31010]
(state=,code=0)