drill-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Verhoeven <Kevin.Verhoe...@ds-iq.com>
Subject RE: Connecting Drill to Azure Data Lake
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 20:03:37 GMT
I see the following error (Drill 1.5.0):

org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: SYSTEM ERROR: SocketTimeoutException:
connect timed out

However, I am able to connect to the Azure Data Lake from the server that reported the error
using curl, so it does not appear to be a standard connectivity issue.

My Storage configuration is very basic:

{
  "type": "file",
  "enabled": true,
  "connection": "swebhdfs://azuredatalakestoragename.azuredatalakestore.net",
  "workspaces": {
    "root": {
      "location": "/",
      "writable": true,