drill-user mailing list archives

From "Lee, David" <David....@blackrock.com>
Subject RE: Drill Support for Sybase Plugin
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 20:58:50 GMT
As I suspected.. It looks like there is some sort of conflict between SQL String Validator
from Calcite vs the SQL Executor over the missing "owner.objectname" prefix for Sybase tables.

I turned on verbose error messaging..

"a drill is a terrible thing to waste"
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> SET `exec.errors.verbose` = true
. . . . . . . . . . . > ;
+-------+-------------------------------+
|  ok   |            summary            |
+-------+-------------------------------+
| true  | exec.errors.verbose updated.  |
+-------+-------------------------------+

0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> select * from SYBASE.tempdb.phone_book;
Error: DATA_READ ERROR: The JDBC storage plugin failed while trying setup the SQL query.

sql SELECT *
FROM "tempdb"."phone_book"
plugin SYBASE
Fragment 0:0

[Error Id: d8c05f9e-8a4e-48e5-925c-3ca6777da70c on xxxx.xx.xxxxx.com:31010]

  (java.sql.SQLException) "tempdb"."phone_book" not found. Specify owner.objectname or use
sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lotsof output).

I can reproduce this error messasge in SYBASE's native ISQL running:

select * from tempdb.phone_book

>[Error] Script lines: 29-29 ------------------------
 tempdb.phone_book not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the
object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).
 Msg: 208, Level: 16, State: 1
 Server: SYB1T, Line: 1

The valid syntaxes are:

select * from phone_book
select * from tempdb..phone_book
select * from tempdb.guest.phone_book

This message may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately and delete this message. See http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/compliance/email-disclaimers
for further information.  Please refer to http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/compliance/privacy-policy
for more information about BlackRock’s Privacy Policy.

For a list of BlackRock's office addresses worldwide, see http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/about-us/contacts-locations.

© 2016 BlackRock, Inc. All rights reserved.