drill-user mailing list archives

From Ki Kang <Ki.K...@ds-iq.com>
Subject RE: WHERE clause causing a ClassCastException on HBase tables
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 18:01:17 GMT
I tried dev@drill.apache.org<mailto:dev@drill.apache.org>, but got no response, so I
am hoping that user@drill.apache.org<mailto:user@drill.apache.org> will be able to help
out.
Can someone help or point me to where I can maybe get some help?

I am trying to figure out why I am getting a ClassCastException when I do the following query.
 If I change the "FROM" clause to just "FROM (VALUES(0))" it works just fine, but whenever
I have "FROM" to an HBase table, I get the error.  I know that the HBase table is valid because
if I remove the WHERE clause, the query does not throw an error.

SELECT b.`date` FROM (
  SELECT TO_DATE(CONCAT(a.`jArray`[0], '-', a.`jArray`[1], '-', a.`jArray`[2]), 'yyyy-MM-dd')
`date` FROM (
    SELECT CONVERT_FROM(REGEXP_REPLACE('["2016":"08":"03"]', ':', ','), 'JSON') `jArray`
    --FROM (VALUES(0))
    FROM `hbase`.`SomeValidTable`
  ) a
) b
WHERE b.`date` = '2016-08-03'
LIMIT 1

SYSTEM ERROR: ClassCastException: org.apache.drill.common.expression.FunctionCall cannot be
cast to org.apache.drill.common.expression.SchemaPath