drill-user mailing list archives

From Charles Givre <cgi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Date Formatting Question
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 02:45:54 GMT
Thank you to everyone for your help.  I have to admit, that is probably the most non-intuitive
function name to accomplish this task.  ;-)
— C

<mailto:aengelbrecht@maprtech.com>> wrote:

>>> You are likely looking for the to_char function to convert date to a different
string format. You can always convert back to a date by using to_date.

>>> select current_date, to_char(current_date,'mm/dd/yyyy') from (values(1));
>>> +---------------+-------------+
>>> | current_date  |   EXPR$1    |
>>> +---------------+-------------+
>>> | 2016-09-08    | 00/08/2016  |
>>> 1 row selected (0.376 seconds)
>>>
>>> See conversion functions here
>>>
>>> http://drill.apache.org/docs/data-type-conversion/#to_char <http://drill.apache.org/docs/data-type-conversion/#to_char>
>>>

>>> --Andries

since that would be a user-specific format and not native to the internal Drill representation
of the date format.

the date-time functions that was shared in the link by tokenizing and concatenating the date
tokens of month,date and year.