drill-user mailing list archives

From Ramya Vasudevan <rvasude...@tableau.com>
Subject RE: Drill upgrade Questions
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 23:05:44 GMT
Hi Andries

 I believe I can wait for 1.8 distribution to be released. Our development team mainly asked
for the upgrade after noticing the tarball released for 1.8 in your website. They wanted to
upgrade and test our new connector with the latest available release.

Thanks
Ramya

Drill 1.6 on MapR 5.1.

>Which is available from here
>http://maprdocs.mapr.com/home/Drill/Installing-the-Apache-Dri_27689260.html <http://maprdocs.mapr.com/home/Drill/Installing-the-Apache-Dri_27689260.html>

>Once the MapR Drill 1.8 packaging is released you can upgrade to Drill 1.8 on the Sandbox
or see if a newer version is available with Drill 1.8 on it.

>Do you need Drill 1.8 now or is 1.6 sufficient in the short term?

>--Andries
>

> On Sep 12, 2016, at 2:24 PM, Ramya Vasudevan <rvasudevan@tableau.com> wrote:
>

> Hi
>
> I used MapR-Sandbox-For-Apache-Drill-1.4.0-5.0.0-vmware.ova to install Mapr 5.0 with
Drill 1.6.0 on a CentOS 6.7 VM in the past.

https://drill.apache.org/blog/2016/08/30/drill-1.8-released/

> Looking at http://doc.mapr.com/display/MapR/Upgrading+to+the+Latest+Version+of+Drill,
I gather that a yum upgrade to 1.8.0 rpm is not possible. Is that correct?
> -       If not, can you please point me to the rpm download location and/or instructions
for it?

> Or, can I follow https://drill.apache.org/docs/drill-in-10-minutes/ and extract apache-drill-1.8.0.tar.gz
to location and restore all the .conf files from 1.6.0 location?