drill-user mailing list archives

From WeiWan <wei...@sunteng.com>
Subject Re: how to use Drill as the OLAP tool in the data warehouse reporting app
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 07:29:38 GMT
Hi Alla,

I’m not the expert of the Drill dev team but we have deployed Drill successfully in our
production environment.  We are a company in the Internet Advertising and Website/App Analyzing
field, so we do have a lots of data(100 billions +) need to statistic and report in seconds.

But we don’t use the default parquet file format as it cannot meet some demands. Instead
we develop a new file format to serve that, which we call IndexR. It is going to open-source
in one or two months.

Check here(https://github.com/shunfei/sfmind/blob/master/indexr.about.en.md <https://github.com/shunfei/sfmind/blob/master/indexr.about.en.md>)
for a first glance, and tell us if it fits your situation.

Regards
Flow Wei