drill-user mailing list archives

From Gustavo Brian <gustavo.br...@sembo.se>
Subject Best architecture
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:02:52 GMT
Hi there,

I'm newbie to this, so i apology if I'm asking something senseless :)

Thanks for this amazing product. I'm planning to use it as main query
engine for data analysis. My plan is to have a raw storage where to drop
different types of documents: csv, json,... as they are produced by the
apps. Then use Drill to query and join against sql database to produce
enriched data to drop into a columnar storage: monetdb, druid,...

My question is: is there a preferred storage engine for this raw storage?
Can Drill take advantage of other engines like hadoop or yarn?

Thanks in advance