drill-user mailing list archives

From Benedikt Koehler <eigenarb...@gmail.com>
Subject REST API queries with PAM
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2017 10:32:08 GMT
Hi,

I have managed to enable PAM authorization for Drill on my Ubuntu
machine. The login via the web interface is working great.
Configuration in drill-override.conf is just the minimal example from
the documentation:

security.user.auth {
        enabled: true,
        packages += "org.apache.drill.exec.rpc.user.security",
        impl: "pam",
        pam_profiles: ["sudo", "login"]
}

But I couldn't get the REST queries to work. They work well when
security is disable. E.g.

curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"queryType":
"SQL", "query":"SHOW DATABASES"}' http://localhost:8047/query.json

gives me a list of the databases.

But if PAM security is enabled, the same request does not create any
response. And it also doesn't show an error in the drill logs.

Thanks!

Best
Benedikt

--