drill-user mailing list archives

From <jasbir.s...@accenture.com>
Subject UNORDERED_RECEIVER taking 70% of query time
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 05:18:07 GMT
Hi,

I am running a simple query which performs JOIN operation between two parquet files and it
takes around 3-4 secs and I noticed that 70% of the time is used by UNORDERED_RECEIVER.

Sample query is -

select sum(sales),week from dfs.`C:\parquet-location\F8894180-AFFB-4803-B8CF-CCF883AA5AAF-Search_Snapshot_Data.parquet`
where model_component_id in(
select model_component_id from dfs.`C:\parquet-location\poc48k.parquet`) group by week

Can we somehow reduce unordered receiver time?

Please find the below screenshot of Visualized plan

[cid:image001.png@01D2DB8D.B3B1C790]

www.accenture.com