drill-user mailing list archives

From Mike Smoot <mike.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject euclidean distance user defined function
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 23:20:47 GMT
Hello,

I've got some JSON files where each record contains a list of floats as one
column.  I'd like to write a custom function that given a query list of
floats will then calculate the euclidean (l2) distance between my query
list and each list in the table.  I've gotten the example custom function
<https://github.com/tgrall/drill-simple-mask-function> working and I've got
my own function set up, but I'm unclear about which classes I should be
using to represent the input parameters.  Given some of the errors I've
seen while querying my json file I'm guessing that drill thinks the column
type is ANY.

Can anyone provide guidance on which class I should use for my input param:

    @Param

    ???? input;

And once the input is defined, how I should access the list of floats from
said input?

thanks,

Mike