drill-user mailing list archives

From Jack Ingoldsby <jack.ingold...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connecting to S3 bucket which does not seem to require a key
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2017 15:34:43 GMT
Hi,
Thanks. I'm actually more playing around with a proof of concept that I can
query S3 using our tool via Drill.
So, what I did was to download the citibike and data and create my own s3
bucket with an accessid,secretket , but I'm having some problem connecting
I get the following error message when running a query

org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: SYSTEM ERROR:
AmazonS3Exception: Status Code: 400, AWS Service: Amazon S3, AWS Request
ID: 439EE2E823001E80, AWS Error Code: null, AWS Error Message: Bad Request
[Error Id: 9da0c6bd-b173-48e0-aeac-47179812e696 on
LAP-NY-CHENO.corp.sisense.com:31010]

It appears to be a connection issue but i can connect to the bucket
sisense.citibike using AWS command line utility, using the same accesskey,
secretkey
Does anything leap out ?

The configuration is set to

{
  "type": "file",
  "enabled": true,
  "connection": "s3a://sisense.citibike",
  "config": {
    "fs.s3a.access.key": "ID",
    "fs.s3a.secret.key": "SECRET"
  },

Core-site.xml is set to

<configuration>

    <property>
        <name>fs.s3a.access.key</name>
        <value>AKIAJELPGZYEPGRP6VBA</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>fs.s3a.secret.key</name>
        <value>h3CyqC/VzpRirOMi3nCImYJL2oNV1xwOcEBiYi02</value>
    </property>

</configuration>

Thanks,
Jack