drill-user mailing list archives

From Jack Ingoldsby <jack.ingold...@gmail.com>
Subject Connecting to S3 bucket which does not seem to require a key
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 22:02:34 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to access the NYC Citibike S3 bucket, which seems to publicly
available

https://s3.amazonaws.com/tripdata/index.html
If I leave the Access Key & Secret Key empty, I get the following message

0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> !tables
Error: Failure getting metadata: Unable to load AWS credentials from any
provider in the chain (state=,code=0)

If I try entering random numbers as keys, I get the following message

Error: Failure getting metadata: Status Code: 403, AWS Service: Amazon S3,
AWS Request ID: 1C888A3A21D79F87, AWS Error Code: InvalidAccessKeyId, AWS
Error Message: The AWS Access Key Id you provided does not exist in our
records. (state=,code=0)

Is it possible to connect to a data source that does not seem to require a
key?

Thanks,
Jack