drill-user mailing list archives

From Abhishek Girish <agir...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Connecting to S3 bucket which does not seem to require a key
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2017 05:48:14 GMT
Drill connects to to S3 buckets (AWS) via the S3a library. And the storage
plugin configuration requires the access & secret keys [1].

I'm not sure if Drill can access S3 without the credentials. It might be
possible via custom authenticators [2]. Hopefully others who have tried
this will comment.

[1] https://drill.apache.org/docs/s3-storage-plugin/
[2] http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/sig-
v4-authenticating-requests.html