drill-user mailing list archives

From Сергей Боровик <borovy...@gmail.com>
Subject QUESTION: Drill Configuration to access S3 buckets
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 18:38:38 GMT
Hi!
I have an AWS EC2 instance with apache drill 1-10.0.and configured IAM Role.

And I am able to access and query S3 bucket in US East (N. Virginia)
region,
but not able to access/query buckets in US East (Ohio) region, it fails with
"error: system error: amazons3exception: status code 400, AWS Service:
Amazon S3,
AWS Request ID:9D54A8310F26582B, AWS Error Code: null, AWS Error Message:
Bad Request"

I've tried set conf/core-site.xml property to:

<property>
    <name>fs.s3a.endpoint</name>
    <value>s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com</value>
</property>

in this case Ohio fails with the same error,
and N. Virginia has error status code 301, AWS Error Code:
PermanentRedirect,
AWS Error message: The bucket you are attempting to access must be
addressed using the specified endpoint

1) Is there any specific configuration that needs to be enabled on Drill
for Ohio region?
2) Does Drill not work on aws signature version 4?

Thank you in advance.
Any advice is much appreciated!