drill-user mailing list archives

From Andries Engelbrecht <aengelbre...@mapr.com>
Subject Re: ODBC querying issues- Can only see files in Drill Explorer, not with other client
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2017 15:21:01 GMT
With tools like Excel you will either have to figure out how to enter custom SQL, or if you
want the data to be more visible to these tools you will have to create Drill Views and then
reference these views from the tool via ODBC/JDBC. Properly define the column name and data
types in the Views to make it easier for the end user/tool to process the data (this way you
push the work to Drill).

--Andries