drill-user mailing list archives

From Khurram Faraaz <kfar...@mapr.com>
Subject Re: Increasing store.parquet.block-size
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2017 10:25:03 GMT
  1.  DRILL-2478<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-2478> is Open for this issue.
  2.  I have added more details into the comments.

Thanks,
Khurram

________________________________
From: Shuporno Choudhury <shuporno.choudhury@manthan.com>
Sent: Friday, June 9, 2017 12:48:41 PM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: Increasing store.parquet.block-size

The max value that can be assigned to *store.parquet.block-size *is
*2147483647*, as the value kind of this configuration parameter is LONG.
This basically translates to 2GB of block size.
How do I increase it to 3/4/5 GB ?
Trying to set this parameter to a higher value using the following command
actually succeeds :
    ALTER SYSTEM SET `store.parquet.block-size` = 4294967296;
But when I try to run a query that uses this config, it throws the
following error:
   Error: SYSTEM ERROR: NumberFormatException: For input string:
"4294967296"
So, is it possible to assign a higher value to this parameter?
--
Regards,
Shuporno Choudhury