drill-user mailing list archives

From Aman Sinha <amansi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does Drill support Full-text search as in Elasticsearch
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2017 00:09:50 GMT
Hi,
no, currently Drill does not support full-text search and it is unlikely it
will do so natively in the near future.  Instead, since other products such
as Elasticsearch are specialized for it, it would be better to add ES
storage plugins in Drill to push down such full-text search filters into
ES.  There was some effort in the past by the community to develop that but
it did not make it into the product.

-Aman