drill-user mailing list archives

From Kunal Khatua <kkha...@mapr.com>
Subject FW: Drill Push to Tableau, Error -
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2017 17:30:02 GMT
Forwarded from dev@drill.apache.org

From: Spinn, Brandi [mailto:Brandi.Spinn@siriusxm.com]
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 1:46 PM
To: dev@drill.apache.org
Subject: Drill Push to Tableau, Error -

Hello,

We are currently running a project which is utilizing the Drill push to Tableau function to
be able to work with our data sets, we are already working with Tableau regarding our needs
and determined that this is our best course of action considering how large data sets are
- over 2 million rows per day.

At the moment we have several visualizations we have published, but we are running in an issue
each morning where some of them are not updating according to our schedules, and when we review
the logs we find some the same type of "fatal" errors that do not always allow the visualizations
to update.

I have reached out to our account rep through Tableau for possible guidance, however, you
might be a more appropriate resource; any help you could provide would be appreciated, I have
not been able to find much via the internets.

Below is a sample of the error codes we are seeing, please let me know you are able to assist
or if you need any additional information. Thank you!

Auto_AOD_Content:288 - create table dfs.tmp.attributes as select distinct channels.marketingname
as channelmarketingname, channels.streamingname as channelstreamingname, channels.channelguid
as channelGuid, channels.channelid as channelId, categories.category_name as channelcategory,
CASE when music.channel_guid is not null then 'Music' else null end as genre_Music, CASE when
news.channel_guid is not null then 'News' else null end as genre_News, CASE when sports.channel_guid
is not null then 'Sports' else null end as genre_Sports,  CASE when talk.channel_guid is not
null then 'Talk' else null end as genre_Talk, CASE when howard.channel_guid is not null then
'Howard' else null end as genre_Howard, categories.channel_name channelName from dfs.root.`/SXM/archive/parsed/Channel-parsed-type2/2017-12-14*`
channels join dfs.root.`/SXM/archive/parsed/category-parsed-type2/2017-12-14*` categories
on categories.channel_guid=channels.channelguid left join (select channel_guid from dfs.root.`/SXM/archive/parsed/category-parsed-type2/2017-12-14*`
where supercategory_name = 'Music') music on channels.channelguid = music.channel_guid left
join (select channel_guid from dfs.root.`/SXM/archive/parsed/category-parsed-type2/2017-12-14*`
where supercategory_name = 'News') news on channels.channelguid = news.channel_guid left join
(select channel_guid from dfs.root.`/SXM/archive/parsed/category-parsed-type2/2017-12-14*`
where supercategory_name = 'Sports') sports on channels.channelguid = sports.channel_guid
left join (select channel_guid from dfs.root.`/SXM/archive/parsed/category-parsed-type2/2017-12-14*`
where supercategory_name = 'Talk') talk on channels.channelguid = talk.channel_guid left join
(select channel_guid from dfs.root.`/SXM/archive/parsed/category-parsed-type2/2017-12-14*`
where supercategory_name = 'Howard') howard on channels.channelguid = howard.channel_guid

Auto_AOD_Content:304 - There was a SQL ERROR on DRILL side

Auto_AOD_Content:305 - VALIDATION ERROR: A table or view with given name [attributes] already
exists in schema [dfs.tmp]

[cid:image001.png@01CEDACC.AD7124E0]
Data Analyst, Streaming Analytics
8650 Freeport Parkway