drill-user mailing list archives

From "Kunal Khatua" <ku...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Drill on Windows
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2018 17:45:22 GMT
I might be wrong, but I think it's partly because of the need for Zookeeper on Windows, which
is not commonly done.

Other more obvious factors, IMO, are the overhead in creating and maintaining *nix shell scripts
in Batch files. Linux (Bash) scripts are much more powerful with a lot of capabilities to
make use of a rich variety of utilities that the Linux OS offers. I've worked with Windows
batch files nearly a decade ago and found it handicapping. Running in Cygwin is one low-risk
workaround, but no one seems to have done (or shared the process).