drill-user mailing list archives

From Arjun kr <arjun...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: JDBC Driver
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2018 01:49:37 GMT
Hi Ravi,

Looking at the AWS documentation, it seems it can be specified in connection URL. I would
suggest to try it using a standalone java application before trying it with Drill in case
you have not tried it. As per doc, below are the steps involved. You may try it as given below
(I have not tried it though).

1) Add Amazon RDS root CA certificate to truststore -  You can add this truststore used by
Drill process. Add to cacerts if custom truststore is not being used.

2) Set connection string as given below - Try setting connection URL in storage plugin as
given below. Not sure if there could be any parsing error. You may pass user and password
in the connection URL if separate properties for username and password in plugin definition
does not work.

final String connectionString = String.format( "jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCPS)(HOST=%s)(PORT=%d))"
+

"(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=%s))" +

"(SECURITY = (SSL_SERVER_CERT_DN = \"C=US,ST=Washington,L=Seattle,O=Amazon.com,OU=RDS,CN=%s\")))",
DB_SERVER_NAME, SSL_PORT, DB_SID, DB_SERVER_NAME);

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/Appendix.Oracle.Options.SSL.html#Appendix.Oracle.Options.SSL.JDBC

Thanks,

Arjun