drill-user mailing list archives

From Sorabh Hamirwasia <shamirwa...@mapr.com>
Subject Re: JDBC Driver
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2018 18:51:52 GMT
Hi Ravi,

I just want to confirm that you are using Drill's JDBC storage plugin to connect to RDS on
Aws for Oracle ? You can look into [1] to see the usage.

Currently JDBC plugin only supports four parameters: driver/url/username/password, there doesn't
seem to be support for any separate parameters for SSL configuration. But having said that,
probably you can check the JDBC driver which you are using if it allows to pass these SSL
parameters as key-value pair within URL or not.

Also not sure what you mean by ODBC driver not having the option to enable this, since Drill
doesn't support any ODBC storage plugin.

[1] : https://drill.apache.org/docs/rdbms-storage-plugin/

P.S. Please post these questions on users group only not on dev group, since there you will
have wider audience which can answer it. For now I have removed dev group from To list.

Thanks,
Sorabh

________________________________
From: Ravi Venugopal (C) <Ravi.Venugopal@cheniere.com>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 8:01 AM
To: dev@drill.apache.org; user@drill.apache.org
Subject: JDBC Driver

Hi

I am trying to POC drill for a customer and I am working on connecting the JDBC driver to
RDS on Aws for Oracle.

Here is the Certificate of security on the TNS names, I do not see a syntx / kvp for the json
to add this cert path (Cert info hidden)

(SECURITY = (SSL_SERVER_CERT_DN = "C=US,ST=Somewhere,L=Cityname,O=Amazon.com,OU=RDS,CN=xxxxxxxx.yyyyyyyyy.us-ABCD-1.rds.amazonaws.com")))

PS: ODBC is not having the option to enable this as well.

Can someone help please.

This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain information that is legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are
not the intended recipient(s) and have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your computer. Any distribution, disclosure
or the taking of any other action by anyone other than the named recipient is strictly prohibited.