drill-user mailing list archives

From scott <tcots8...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Drill on Windows
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2018 04:13:58 GMT
Tim,

As it turns out, I was just out there looking for an official docker
image today, and was a little disappointed there wasn't one. It's not
that hard to make my own, but always preferable to me to use an official
image where I can just control it using parameters.

Would be much appreciated if you built one.

Scott

On 04/19/2018 11:21 AM, Timothy Farkas wrote:
> Rahul / Chris,
>
> The easiest way to do this would be to create a docker container for Drill. Also it looks
like Docker leverage's Windows 10's linux subsystem so docker images don't run in a VM https://www.hanselman.com/blog/DockerAndLinuxContainersOnWindowsWithOrWithoutHyperVVirtualMachines.aspx.
So you get support for running on Windows 10 for free with no performance penalty. Plus everyone
expects software to be package in docker images these days anyway.

> Currently, there is no official drill docker image. If you're interested, let me know,
and I can create a Jira and make one. I'm pretty bored right now and need something to do
anyway :).