drill-user mailing list archives

From "Kunal Khatua" <ku...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question - Drill's support for encryption to plugins/data sources
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2018 06:43:48 GMT
Hi Daniel

I might not be the best person to answer this, but I'd think that for supporting encryption
to data sources, both Drill and the data source would need to agree to a common implementation
 of such a protocol. I don't know if there is any defacto standard for data sources in general.
For a JDBC source, there might be something that the datasource's JDBC driver can provide
as a client on behalf of Drill.

Is there a specific datasource you are looking at that would need encryption?

~ Kunal