drill-user mailing list archives

From Paul Rogers <par0...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: UnsupportedOperationException: Unsupported type LIST
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2018 03:48:12 GMT
Hi Divya,

Drill will use a (non-repeated) List if it sees a 2D or higher array. Looks like the "Coordinates"
field is a 2D array, so Drill will use a List.

That the List type is unsupported means that, somewhere else in Drill, there is an operator
that does not support the List type. That is actually not very surprising; the List type was
a late addition that is not fully supported everywhere.

Can you tell from the stack trace in the Drill log which operator is failing?

Thanks,

- Paul