drill-user mailing list archives

From Paul Rogers <par0...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Help with Apache Drill - S3 compatible storage connectivity
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2018 00:20:43 GMT
Hi Dummy ID,

Have you tried getting Drill to work with the real S3? There were a few confusing bits in
the S3 docs that Bridget graciously cleaned up. By trying to access the real S3 you'll ensure
that you have gotten the config stuff right.

The key missing bit of information was that you had to provide the fs.s3a.endpoint property.
The HDFS s3a library is the current version you should use (at least for S3) rather than the
older s3n, etc. libraries.

You can also use HDFS to verify that you have proper connectivity to your S3 clone. Configure
HDFS to work with your S3 clone, then check if you can access your files using the "hadoop
fs" commands. If not, then you've probably got a more fundamental issue than Drill.

If "hadoop fs" works, but Drill does not, then you probably have a Drill config issue since
Drill uses the Hadoop libraries for S3 access. Review the docs for what should be in core-site.xml
and what should be in your S3 storage plugin config.

Thanks,
- Paul

    On Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 2:10:11 PM PDT, dummy id <dummyid2124@gmail.com> wrote:

 Can i get an update on this please?