drill-user mailing list archives

From "Lee, David" <David....@blackrock.com>
Subject RE: UnsupportedOperationException: Unsupported type LIST
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2018 15:05:26 GMT
You are mixing INTs with FLOATs in the list..

25.42,  << float
37.29,  << float
10 << int

Change 10 to 10.0

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Rogers [mailto:par0328@yahoo.com.INVALID]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2018 8:48 PM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: Re: UnsupportedOperationException: Unsupported type LIST

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

Hi Divya,

Drill will use a (non-repeated) List if it sees a 2D or higher array. Looks like the "Coordinates"
field is a 2D array, so Drill will use a List.

That the List type is unsupported means that, somewhere else in Drill, there is an operator
that does not support the List type. That is actually not very surprising; the List type was
a late addition that is not fully supported everywhere.

Can you tell from the stack trace in the Drill log which operator is failing?

Thanks,

- Paul