drill-user mailing list archives

From dummy id <dummyid2...@gmail.com>
Subject Help with Apache Drill - S3 compatible storage connectivity
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2018 06:06:01 GMT
*Team, *

*I am not sure who can help me out with this, so just adding both of the
help community..I have followed your  documentation on setting up drill and
i am able to query the files from local , meaning class path and dfs, but
not able to do it with s3. I am not using Amazon S3 instead i am using S3
compatible storage from DELL EMC. I would need your help in setting up the
storage plugin file so that it uses path style addressing instead of normal
URL method. I would request you to kindly share an example core-site.xml
file as well as an example storage plugin file where it uses path style
addressing method to connect to s3.*

*I have tried using fs**.**s3a**.**path**.**style**.**access with
value true in both core-site and storage plugin files, but still the path
style addressing is not being read by drill and it again tries to connect
using URL method as it uses in connecting with Amazon S3. Kindly help..*

*Just an FYI, i have followed steps from "Drill in 10 minutes"
documentation to install and connect with my S3 compatible storage.*

*Awaiting for your reply..*