drill-user mailing list archives

From Parth Chandra <par...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hangout tomorrow (get your tickets now)
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2018 20:42:55 GMT
Short summary of the call -

Attendees:
  Abhishek, Aman, Arina, Oleksander, Gautam, Samiksha, Timothy, Vitalii, Parth,
DC, Sorabh, Jyothsna, Chun, Robert, Hau, Boaz, Pritesh,  Kunal

Arina - case insensitive storage plugin and workspace names
  General agreement on case insenstive names. Let us implement and get
feedback from users. Backward compatibility to be considered. Arina pointed
out that names with only difference in case is broken already so needs to
be fixed. Discussion is ongoing on mailing list.

Samiksha
  Problem with Hive configuration. Show tables shows no tables. Arina
suggested that it could be because of running in embedded mode. Pritesh
offerred to connect Samiksha with someone who can help.

Timothy
  Presentation on the resource management proposal. Tim had already
presented this offline to some members of the dev team. Overview of current
system and the tuning parameters.
  Aman asked about exceeding of memory by buffered operators. Tim clarified
that SetLenient allows operators to exceed memory limits.
  New proposal was discussed. Questions around planning and queueing of
queries. Aman suggested a two level assignment: an initial assignment based
on user and a second level based on resource availability constraints.
  Timothy to continue with a second presentation on hangout to allow more
feedback and discussion.

  Presentation can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QuB0hHyX4yupcmtbfYl7WWOQVdWdnst-1QP1oIrkZv0/edit?usp=sharing