drill-user mailing list archives

From Sorabh Hamirwasia <shamirwa...@mapr.com>
Subject Re: Unable to run Drill queries on Drill1.13
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2018 16:27:02 GMT
Hi Peter,

Since you mentioned seeing a username textbox I think you are using WebUI to run query. Your
setup must be unsecure with impersonation enabled. You can disable impersonation on Drillbit
side by removing all the settings under drill.exec.impersonation block from drill-override.conf
file [1]. However in that case all the queries will be executed as Drill process user.

[1]: https://drill.apache.org/docs/configuring-user-impersonation/

Thanks,
Sorabh

________________________________
From: Vitalii Diravka <vitalii.diravka@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 3:44:30 AM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Cc: adesegun.adeyemo@interswitchgroup.com
Subject: Re: Unable to run Drill queries on Drill1.13

Hi Peter,

Do you use User Authentication [1]? What kind of?
Could you share please drill-override.conf file and connection string,
which you are using to connect to the drillbit?

anonymous user has not access to perform your query.
You should specify username in connecting string [2], which has that access.

If you don't need User Impersonation [3] and Authentication you can disable
it in drill-override.conf file and restart drillbits.

[1] https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__drill.apache.org_docs_configuring-2Duser-2Dauthentication_&d=DwIFaQ&c=cskdkSMqhcnjZxdQVpwTXg&r=gRpEl0WzXE3EMrwj0KFbZXGXRyadOthF2jlYxvhTlQg&m=GPL0sdNzx7XgeVyJgxfNbGMGYc5lUn3dl9DXCTJAM6w&s=z9fYdK_nptwRrowW211dyC5YHwLMfBKF2sO3HeNCJok&e=
[2]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__drill.apache.org_docs_configuring-2Dplain-2Dauthentication_-23connecting-2Dwith-2Dsqlline&d=DwIFaQ&c=cskdkSMqhcnjZxdQVpwTXg&r=gRpEl0WzXE3EMrwj0KFbZXGXRyadOthF2jlYxvhTlQg&m=GPL0sdNzx7XgeVyJgxfNbGMGYc5lUn3dl9DXCTJAM6w&s=29Yvp919v2jK7b4WDNdYpeYUFyWxN4fQwRJHzRwdOzA&e=
[3] https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__drill.apache.org_docs_configuring-2Duser-2Dimpersonation_&d=DwIFaQ&c=cskdkSMqhcnjZxdQVpwTXg&r=gRpEl0WzXE3EMrwj0KFbZXGXRyadOthF2jlYxvhTlQg&m=GPL0sdNzx7XgeVyJgxfNbGMGYc5lUn3dl9DXCTJAM6w&s=ilIOBEKHbMIYpAUNn7Rz9s49knO1teYLGCrHH7DMfgU&e=

Kind regards
Vitalii

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.interswitchgroup.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=cskdkSMqhcnjZxdQVpwTXg&r=gRpEl0WzXE3EMrwj0KFbZXGXRyadOthF2jlYxvhTlQg&m=GPL0sdNzx7XgeVyJgxfNbGMGYc5lUn3dl9DXCTJAM6w&s=3ujPESaQaewlnqba4XGbM6TwqwrtHRtW75paR98GcRg&e=>