drill-user mailing list archives

From "Richardson, David" <David.Richard...@uk.daiwacm.com>
Subject RE: running embedded mode under windows
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2018 14:24:49 GMT
I think that you are having the same issues that I am.

Can you please attach the log output from :

~drill installation directory~\log\sqlline.log

My guess is that you'll see the following in the log file:

javassist.CannotCompileException: by java.lang.LinkageError: loader (instance of  sun/misc/Launcher$AppClassLoader):
attempted  duplicate class definition for name: "com/google/common/base/Stopwatch"

Dave.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bo Qiang [mailto:bo.qiang@nielsen.com]
Sent: 01 June 2018 13:29
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: Re: running embedded mode under windows

CAUTION EXTERNAL EMAIL
DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or within unexpected emails.

> sqlline.bat -u "jdbc:drill:zk=local"
DRILL_ARGS - " -u jdbc:drill:zk=local"
Calculating HADOOP_CLASSPATH ...
HBASE_HOME not detected...
Calculating Drill classpath...
java.lang.NullPointerException
apache drill 1.13.0
"a drill is a terrible thing to waste"
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local>
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local>
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local>
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> show tables;
No current connection
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local>

Thanks

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 8:20 AM, Charles Givre <cgivre@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bo,
> Images don’t get attached to the user list. Can you cut/paste the
> error you are getting and I’m sure someone will help you out.
> — C
>
> > On Jun 1, 2018, at 08:17, Bo Qiang <bo.qiang@nielsen.com> wrote:
> >
> > Anybody can help here?
> >
> > On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 11:54 PM, Bo Qiang <bo.qiang@nielsen.com
> <mailto:bo.qiang@nielsen.com>> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry for this newbie question. I have been following the
> > documentation
> to start drill in embedded mode. But so far, I have no luck. I also
> tried on two different machines, the error happened.
> >

> > I also cannot access the web console. Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Bo

Daiwa Capital Markets Europe Limited is registered in England (registered number 01487359).
The registered office is at 5 King William Street, London EC4N 7AX. The company is authorised
and regulated by The Financial Conduct Authority and is a member of the London Stock Exchange.

The information contained in this E-Mail is confidential unless the sender has specifically
stated otherwise. If you are not the intended recipient please notify Daiwa Capital Markets
Europe Limited at the sender's address and delete it immediately. Communications sent by or
to any person through our computer systems may be viewed by other personnel and agents of
Daiwa Capital Markets Europe Limited . The sender does not intend by sending this message
to form a contract with the recipient, and Daiwa Capital Markets Europe Limited, its affiliates
and staff do not accept any liability for the contents of this message.

The information contained herein has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable
but we do not represent that it is accurate or complete, and therefore, Daiwa Capital Markets
Europe Limited, its affiliates and staff cannot be held  responsible or liable for the contents
of this message. The foregoing is not an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any security,
instrument or investment. In addition Daiwa Capital Markets Europe Limited, or any affiliated
company, may have an interest, position, or effect transactions, in any investment mentioned
herein. Any opinions or recommendations expressed herein are solely those of the author or
analyst.

Where you have received a communication from Daiwa Capital Markets Europe Limited this may
include information which constitutes an investment recommendation as defined by the European
Market Abuse Regulation (MAR). In this context, please see for important regulatory information
in this regard: http://www.uk.daiwacm.com/7131.aspx. If you have any questions in relation
to MAR and its impact on your relationship with Daiwa Capital Markets Europe Limited please
let your salesperson know.