drill-user mailing list archives

From Arjun kr <arjun...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: DoY - PAM Auth only reading YARN account.
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2019 08:11:21 GMT
Is DoY user ( used to start DoY client) part of shadow group incase you are using PAM with
/etc/passwd for authentication? If not, can you try adding and see if it helps?

>From doc:
If you use PAM with /etc/passwd for authentication, verify that the users with permission
to start the Drill process are part of the shadow user group on all nodes in the cluster.
This enables Drill to read the /etc/shadow file for authentication.

Thanks,
Arjun

________________________________
From: Michael Dennis Uanang <muanang@exist.com.INVALID>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 8:37:29 PM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: DoY - PAM Auth only reading YARN account.

Hi

I have successfully setup Drill-on-YARN along side with my hadoop cluster. Now, I enabled
HTTP drill security by using PAM authentication method.
My problem is, every time i tried to login using SSH accounts, it's always giving me `invalid
user name or password` while using the correct credentials.

Also filed ticket for this... https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-6983

---
Best regards,

MD