drill-user mailing list archives

From "Kunal Khatua" <ku...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performace issue
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2019 18:01:52 GMT
You'll need to edit the memory settings in DRILL_HOME/conf/drill-env.sh
I suspect that your 5MB JSON data might be having a lot of objects, which need to be serialized
in memory.

FLATTEN has the problem that it replicates the data parent data for each child node that is
being flattened into a row... so the resulting data being constructed in memory can grow significantly.
One way to work around (not elegant, but worth trying) would be to generate intermediate
flatten data and write temporary (if not using WebUI) tables and keep flattening out those
records until you have a fully flattened dataset to work with directly.