drill-user mailing list archives

From "Kunal Khatua" <ku...@apache.org>
Subject Re: S3 plugin configuration problem cause wrong constructed hostname
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2019 07:18:35 GMT
Hi Clark

Glad you could resolve the issue. Can you log a JIRA for the issue, and a developer can take
a look at it thereafter?

Thanks
Kunal
On 2/14/2019 5:49:58 AM, Updike, Clark <clark.updike@jhuapl.edu> wrote:
FWIW, this problem was resolved by using the IP address for the S3 target instead of the hostname.
No idea why hostname wouldn't work here--the hostname is completely valid and resolves forward
and backwards from the drill machine. Nitish, the author of the article, was kind enough to
help me on the Minio slack channel. He is not quite sure why Drill is behaving this way but
thinks perhaps the fs.s3a.path.style.access flag in core-site.xml only works when using an
IP address. Either I missed something when reading the Drill docs or possibly this needs to
be explained somewhere.

Thanks,
Clark