drill-user mailing list archives

From "Updike, Clark" <Clark.Upd...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject S3 plugin configuration problem cause wrong constructed hostname
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2019 22:18:14 GMT
I'm trying to run Drill 1.15 against an S3 compatible Minio instance following the steps described
here:
https://blog.minio.io/query-minio-datastore-with-apache-drill-dcaf71d0cee5

So on my Minio server, minio1, I have a bucket, drillbucket1.  I'm putting in core-site.xml
that my fs.s3a.endpoint is minio1:9000.  In my S3 storage plugin, named s3-drillbucket1, I'm
setting "connection": "s3a://drillbucket1".  That is, unless I missed something, I'm set up
just like the article.  But when I go to run a query, I get this error:

Error: SYSTEM ERROR: UnknownHostException: drillbucket1.minio1: Name or service not known

Can someone explain what I have misconfigured that is causing the bucket to become part of
the server name?  Or perhaps the setup has changed since the article was written?

Thanks,
Clark