drill-user mailing list archives

From Kunal Khatua <ku...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Update planner/configuration keys
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2019 18:31:48 GMT
That is correct... you'll need to run these on the command prompt for the
very first time. Like profiles, I believe, the ALTER SYSTEM commands also
have a permanent effect.

I'm not sure if there is a way for a user to provide a pre-configured set
of parameters to use during startup. You could see if setting these values
in DRILL_HOME/conf/drill-override.conf helps. A lot of the values you want
are originally set as defaults from an embedded file "drill-module.conf" ,
and drill-override.conf , well... overrides some of those values.

If this doesn't work, you can file an improvement/newFeature JIRA for this,
considering this is a nice feature to have.

~ Kunal