drill-user mailing list archives

From Paul Rogers <par0...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Regarding EXCEPT clause of drill
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2020 23:09:55 GMT
Hi Itisha,

Welcome to the Drill user mail list!

For those readers (like me) who are not familiar with the keyword, EXCEPT works like UNION
to join to SELECT statements: SELECT ... EXCEPT SELECT ... See [1]. Seems pretty useful.

A quick check of our parser source code suggests that Drill does not support the EXCEPT syntax.
Drill does not even treat EXCEPT as a keyword.

Please file a JIRA ticket to request this feature.

Thanks,
- Paul

[1] https://www.tutorialspoint.com/sql/sql-except-clause.htm

    On Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 12:50:36 AM PST, itisha Gupta <itishagupta.2396@gmail.com>